Friday 23 January 2015

How to: Ageing Hands

Equipment:
-Kryolan foam barrier (https://uk.kryolan.com/product/pro-shield-barrier-foam-50-ml)
-Sponge
-Old age stipple (https://uk.kryolan.com/product/old-age-stipple-50-ml)
-Mixing bowl

Step by step:
1. Shake the foam barrier and put some on the back of your hand. Then rub a small amount of this on the back of the model's hand.
2. Pour some old age stipple into a bowl.
3. Stretch out the area that you want to be wrinkled and keep it stretched out until the stipple is completely dry and enough coats have been added.
4. Using a sponge, pat the old age stipple onto the area you want.
5. Use a hair dryer, on the cool setting, to dry the old age stipple more quickly.
6. Add as many layers as desired.



I am really happy with the outcome of this as I think it looks a lot more natural than if I went to draw on the wrinkles. I would obviously need to cover up the colour with a base that matches the rest of the hand to make it blend in and look realistic. One of my friends did a much thinner layer of the old age stipple and her outcome didn't look as natural as mine, so I will therefore remember to use a decent amount of it and build it up to get my desired effect. This technique can also be used on the face, but you would have to be very gentle when stretching out the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment