Friday 23 January 2015

My Victorian Hair practice

When I practiced the early Victorian hair look, I was inspired by the portrait below of Queen Victoria on her wedding day. I was inspired by the golden accessory around her bun and wanted to create something similar with ribbon. 

Queen Victoria, Wedding Day Portrait, 1840.
http://www.history.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/queen-victoria.jpg
My Hair Design
Front view.
Back view.
Side, back view.
Side view.

I am happy with how the hair turned out and I think it looks very close to the portrait of Queen Victoria. I think that the royal blue ribbon and gold lace worked really well as it almost has a crown-like look and shape to it. I think I could have made the bunch at the back tighter as it is sagging slightly at the back. I think the whole look would have looked better if the bun at the back was bigger to make more of feature of it. I am really pleased with how smooth and defined the curls look, however I could have used gel or a hair pin to make the top half a lot more flat and smooth. I struggled to get the curls on either side even so I will have to work on that, it I chose to use this hair look in our of my final designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment