Wednesday 4 February 2015

Expression Through Makeup Experimentation

This was a fun lesson where we could experiment with colours and patterns to show someone's mood. Here I looked at Estella and on one side I wanted to portray her mean, heartless, ugly side and then on the other side, I wanted to portray how I think Pip sees Estella, so I  wanted her to look beautiful, fresh and youthful. 

I chose to make this side of the face very theatrical as her evil side is almost like a wicked witch or evil villan. I chose the colour green to represent poison, as I think Estella leaks poison into Pip's heart. I wanted her to have a harsh contour to represent her harsh and strong ways. I made branches coming off her eyebrows and the side of her eye because I thought of incorporating poison ivy into the look as it's poisonous to anyone that comes into contact with it. The black branches coming out of the side of her eye also represents tears, as even though she looks hard on the outside, she is crying out for help on the inside. I am happy with how the contouring car out, however I think the skin looks slightly blotchy. I am not happy with how the eyebrows came out because they look very sloppy and not perfectly neat; however I know that I could do this better if I had more time and in this lesson, it was mainly about experimentation. 

Cold and Heartless.
I wanted this side of the face to have a much more calming and soothing feel to it. I wanted it to be very soft and feminine and pretty as this is how I think Pip sees her. I mad eyer skin look very natural and fresh as in the Victorian era they thought the beauty ideal had very natural and barely there makeup. I gave her a subtle pink blush and pink lips to give the look and girly touch. I brightened the eyes with a light shimmery shade on the lids and brow bone and gave her a little definition in the crease. To improve on this look, I think I could have used a brightening concealer to cover the darkness under the eyes. I also would probably add a shimmery highlight to add a more youthful and playful look. I think I could have been a lot more creative with this look and thought more outside the box, so I will keep that in mind for later looks; however I like the contrast between the theatrical 'evil' side with the natural 'beautiful' side.

Beautiful and enticing. 
My Final Look.

No comments:

Post a Comment