Wednesday 11 February 2015

How to: Dirt, Dry skin and Rashes

Equipment:
-Supra colour palette
-Foundation palette
-Foundation brush
-Stipple brush
-Small detail brush
-Flat brush
-Duo lash glue
-Black stipple sponge
-Brown hair spray
-Grey hair spray
-Isophrenol alcohol

Base Make-up

Step by Step:
1. Mix in a bit of white and yellow supra colour with your foundation colour.
2. Apply the foundation to the face using a foundation brush and then buff in with a stippling brush.
3. Ask the model to look down, then add some purple, grey and blue supra colour to make it look like eye bags.
4. Apply a brown/grey mix of supra colour under the cheek bones, on the temples and under the chin.
5. Cover the lips with the base colour.

Dry Skin

6. Tap on a thick layer of Duo lash glue to the lips and on the skin on the edges and wait for it to dry clear.
7. After the glue is dry, start to pick and pull at the glue so that it starts to peal and look rough. 
8. Add some red supra colour to the inner lip and in any holes of the glue to make it look sore and bloody.
9. Stipple on some blue/purple colour around the red patches and dry skin to make it look like its scabbing or bruised.
10. The same technique can be used on other parts of the face, for example, the cheek area as shown below.

Dirt

11. Spray on a can of brown hair spray to the skin to look like dirt.
12. Spray on some grey hair spray to make it look like more dirt and dust.
Rash

13. Mix some red supra colour with some isophrenol alcohol to make a watery liquid.
14. Using a stiff brush, flick the mixture onto the face to look like a sore, red rash.

I am really happy with the dark circles around the eyes because I think they look realistic, however to improve them, I would add more purple. I really like the positioning of the contouring as I think it really hollows out the face, however to improve it, I would use a more grey colour instead of the unnatural looking purple. I really like the dry skin on the inner part of her lips as I think it looks natural, however I found it difficult to make it look like dry skin on the rest of the face. I will add a thicker layer of the glue to the skin to make it easier to manipulate. I also found that the glue left a yellow tint to the skin which I don't like, so I will add foundation over it next time to make it blend in with the skin more seamlessly. I really don't like how the dirt turned out. I think it looks very unnatural and obviously sprayed on. If I were to do this again, I would smudge out some of the hair spray and use a lighter hand. I am quite happy with the rash, however I think it would have looked more realistic if there was some texture to the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment