Sunday 1 February 2015

How to: Black Eye, Cuts, Split lip, Scarring and Sweat

Black Eye

Equipment:
-Supra colour palette
-small angled brush

When it came to learning how to create a black eye with makeup, we were told to get up a photo of a real black eye and use that as our inspiration for our own black eye inspiration. The image that I chose is below.

My inspiration image.
http://wearethemarket.com/wp-content/
uploads/2011/10/black-eye-213x300.jpg


The above images show my outcome. I first applied the really dark purple with a small angled brush to the inner corner and under eye crease. I then I added the red colour to make it look sore and then the yellow colour to add some bruising. I blended all the colours out with my fingers to give it a more realistic look. I am really happy with how it came out, however I think I could have added some more red and yellow just above the cheek bone to make it look bruised all round the eye socket. I also think I could have blended out the purple under her eye more to make it look more realistic and not so harsh. 

Cut/Wound

Equipment:
-Spatula
-Eyelash glue
-Clenser
-Craft knife
-Pin
-Cotton bud
-Hair dryer
-Supra colour palette
-Orange stipple sponge

Step by step:
1. Take some plastic wax with a spatula and massage it on the back of your hand.
2. Roll the wax into a sausage shape and add some eyelash glue along one side.
3. After the glue is tacky, apply it on the skin you want to have a cut on it and smooth the edges down with a spatular and your fingers. (Add some cleanser if the product is lifting up.)
4. Once the edges are smooth, cut the wax open with a craft knife or a pin where you want the cut to be.
5. Manipulate the shape and size of the cut with a pin.
6. Shake up some liquid latex and pour some into a bowl.
7. Take some liquid latex on a cotton bud and coat the wound to set it in place.
8. Take a hair dryer, put it on the cool setting, and dry the wound. (When the latex turns clear, you know it's dry.)


This is when you can decorate your cut how you want to!
9. I took some red supra colour and smudged it round the cut with an orange stipple sponge to make the skin look sore and scratched.
10. I then mixed a purple together and added the purple anywhere I wanted bruising or extra depth.
11. I added yellow supra colour in patches that I thought would have bruised too.
12. I added some blood paste in the cut and at both ends to make it look like there was dried up or thick blood in the cut.
11. I then added some fake blood to make the cut look like it was bleeding. 
12. I finally added some fake puss to make the cut look infected. 




I am really happy with how my cut came out. I think it looks like it could be real and I really like how I have expanded on the makeup by adding some scratches on the knuckles. I love how the pus makes it look really gross and infected. To improve on this, I would make the bump of the cut look more like skin by smoothing it out in a softer gradient. I would also look at images of bruising and try to make the bruising round the cut look more realistic. 

Scarring

Equipment:
-Pin

Step by step:
1. Take some tuplast straight from the tube and create lines with it in the shape of a scar.
2. Pick at it with a pin to make the edges look more ruff.
3. (Optional) You can add some skin coloured base over the top to bland it in with your skin tone. 

This is an image of the demonstration.

Split lip

Equipment:
-Craft knife
-Hair dryer

Step by step:
1. Put foam protector on the area around the lip first.
2. Paint a lot of the collodiom on the area where you want the cut to be.
3. While the liquid is drying, push a craft knife onto the area you want 'cut' and push either side of the skin so it makes a deep indentation.
4. Whilst you are holding the skin together and have taken the craft knife out, dry the collodium with a cool hair dryer.
5. Keep adding layers and using the same technique until the cut is how you want it.

Sweat
Equipment:
-Black stipple sponge
-Glycerin

Step by step:
1. Use a black stipple sponge and stipple the glycerin over the area you want the person to sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment