Thursday 23 April 2015

Claudia: Final Shoot Images and Evaluation



I am so happy with how my final look came out! I think the white contact lenses look really effective and add a creepiness and scariness to the look. I like that the scars look uneven, with different colouring and thicknesses because it makes them seem more real. I like that the scars are more slanted than in my previous practice because I think it would make more sense for them not to be so perfectly straight, again making them look more realistic. I really like how the back combing and dry shampoo in her hair add so much volume and texture to her hair because the messiness of the hair now mimics the messiness of the makeup. I made the contour more intense in my final image because I found that the camera didn't really pick up on the bronzer when it was more subtle and I wanted her strong facial structure to show through. I was worried that because I was making the lips and eyes messy, it might translate as being sloppy and too busy, however I think, because I didn't go too over the top with the eyes or lips, they work really well together. I am really happy with how the lips look very red, but how it is slightly smudged into an orange colour round the edges because it is realistic to believe she has accidentally smudged it whilst eating or drinking, whilst watching her horror films. I like that the red in the scars, lips and under the eye makes all the red elements stand out that little bit more. I really like how the skin looks pale, but how you can see that there is still warm colouring in the bronzer as it gives her a healthier look, in contrast to the very pale Quentin. I really like how the skin looks very glowy and dewy because it, again, adds a healthy glow and makes her almost look sweaty, which would make sense as she lives in Louisiana. I think the styling of the fur coat worked really well because the colouring wasn't too harsh against the makeup and I think it gives a sense of brutality, that she is willing to kill another animal for her costumes, which is reflected in her brutal treatment of Quentin. Overall I am so happy with the look and really enjoyed creating my final design!

No comments:

Post a Comment