Friday 3 April 2015

Claudia's Scars

I was so happy with how the scars looked on the cheek, so now I wanted to test the same technique out across the eye. My model had mentioned to me that when the rigid collodion was drying it felt like it was tightening up her skin and stung slightly as it was drying; she was therefore sceptical about using the rigid collodion around her eyes. We discussed what would be the best option and we decided it would be safest if I drew the red supra colour across her eye and then only put the rigid collodion above her eyebrow and I left a gap under her eyes. I wasn't sure at this point if it would be harmful to the eyes if it got too close so I wanted to be careful with the positioning of it. 

After I had put about 3 layers on as it was drying.
Red supra colour only. 
After I had put about 5 coats on, let them dry and
added a bit of foundation colour on top. 
Above is the final result. It is clear that I only put the rigid collodion above her eyebrow and under her eye bag because the other parts of the line aren't indented. I would have liked there to be more scarring closer to the eye so I will look into how harmful it is closer to the eye. However I am happy with the results and I think the scars look realistic. My model said that she could feel when the rigid collodion was tightening up her skin, but it only stung on the outside of her eye. This is not the model I will be using in my final assessment, so I will practice using the rigid collodion on my model before the assessment.

I looked it up on www.paintandpowderstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=MM-1318 and they said that you can 'not use any collodion product in or around the eye, nose, or mouth area'. However some people argue that you can put it very close to the eye without any irritation, so maybe it is advised not to be used round the eye, but it is different for everyone. I will therefore ask my model what she is comfortable with after informing her of the implications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment