Saturday 25 April 2015

Final Project Evaluation

I love how many new techniques I learned in this project, from ageing to cuts to burns to ageing, because I felt like it expanded my knowledge and interest for my prosthetic unit next year and gave me many options for my characters. 

I really enjoyed creating Miss Havisham because I set myself the challenge of making her look as close to the book’s description as possible. I looked into many portrayals of her and looked into some of the conditions I thought she would have to develop my character, as well as obviously interpreting what the book was saying about her. I am really happy I used an older model as I thought it would make my Miss Havisham look more realistic for film and I was really happy with my final outcome. I was excited about the continuity part of the project because I was determined to make both looks as similar as possible and I am really happy with how they came out. 

Looking into horror was exciting for me as I had never watched a horror film or anything remotely scary before so it was very new to me. I liked that we were given character profiles and that we had to fit them into a chosen TV series as I think it was more challenging than if we had no direction at all. I liked how I combined different characters from horror films I thought she would be watching to come up with Claudia’s look. I could have made Quentin look however I liked as he was only created from Claudia’s mind, however I kept his look true to my chosen series, True Blood, so that the audience would follow Claudia’s train of thought more easily. I found creating Quentin’s burn challenging, however after looking up different techniques with different materials and after practising and researching real acid burns, I came up with a burn that I was happy with, however if I were to do it again, I would have made the edges of the burn smoother so that it blended in with the skin. I really like that the burn has been reared by a silver chain because it is obvious that he is a vampire as humans don’t react when in contact with silver, and also because it shows one of the ways Claudia had control over him. 

I made sure I practiced each look at least twice before my final shoots to make sure that I was confident with how the makeup and hair wold turn out and to make sure my models were happy with everything.

Overall I am really happy with all the characters I created and I can’t wait until next year when I can expand my knowledge and love for the subject even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment