Friday 20 March 2015

Fashion and Horror

I took inspiration from Ground Zero's makeup look in Paris Fashion Week, Spring 2014. The title of the collection was Graphic Geisha. The makeup designer explained the look as a 'traditional Geisha look, with the classic white foundation base, but with a make over' of 'colourful graphics painted on top in an asymmetrical manner to show off a futuristic streak.' The look is finished with a glossy red lip. The hair is pulled back into a sleek ponytail to complement the strong make-up style.
http://www3.pictures.stylebistro.com/it/Ground+Zero
+Spring+2014+Backstage+OSeIC8YN7Ogl.jpg
My Interpretation

I really liked how strong and individual the make-up look was so I chose to recreate it. I first applied foundation all over the face, focusing mainly on the outer rim of the face. I then used tape to mark out where I wanted all the sharp, straight lines to be. I filled in the lines with some white supra colour. I then used tape again to line up where I wanted the yellow lines to be; however I found that this took off a lot of the white supra colour so I had to go over that again with a small angled brush to keep the lines very neat. I wanted to make the orange blend into the yellow so that there was a contrast between the very harsh lines and the blended colours. I then finished the look off with a faded red lip, as I didn't want the lip to be as prominent as it was in the image above. 


I am really happy with how it came out as the lines look very sharp and straight, and the yellow is blended into the orange smoothly. However I am not happy with the eyeliner because it kept transferring onto her eyelids whenever she opened her eyes. I think this was because I used supra colour and not a gel eyeliner, which would have worked more effectively. I think I could have also brushed through the eyebrows to make them look slightly neater. If I had time, I would have spent longer on the lips and made them very bold and precise, however I am happy with how the more blended/faded lips look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment