Friday 6 March 2015

My Estella Assessment





I am really pleased with how the whole look turned out. I kept the makeup look very natural and historically accurate, and I am really happy with how it came out. I am happy with how evenly the base and concealer was applied and how natural the blush looks and how it is just focused on the apples of the cheeks. I blended the foundation all over the model's chest and neck and shoulders so that she was all one colour, however I can still see that her chest is the slightest bit darker than her face. I think this was because she was naturally a lot more tanned on her chest and so I would have needed to use a lighter foundation than I used on the face over the top to counteract this. However I think most people are slightly more tanned on their chest anyway so I don't see this as a big problem. I noticed that a couple of her spots were showing at the back which I would have liked to cover; I will remember this for my future shoots. I really like the lip colour here as I think it looks like she might not be wearing anything, which is the look the victorian women mostly went for. 

I am really happy with the hair and how the different tones and highlights in her hair made the hair look more textured. The bun at the top was a different colour to the rest of the curls so I made sure it is neatly done as it would stand out. I really like how the hair is twisted at the front into the bun as it adds more textured and a pretty detail to the look, however I think I could have manipulated the hair slightly so that not as much of her scalp was showing at the sides as I think it looks unflattering and messy. I think the blue flowers in her hair look really pretty and girly and I think they stand out just enough because of the difference in colour. I had hoped that the curls at the back would have been longer because the victorian women didn't cut there hair so it would have been a lot longer, but I loosened the curled at the back slightly more than in my practises so that the hair appeared longer. 

I really like how I used a victorian inspired dress in this shoot because I think it completes the look perfectly. The dress originally has flowers along the front of the dress, but I didn't think they were very victorian inspired so I took them off and used them for hair accessories instead. I think the fact that the dress matches the hair accessories really pulls the whole look together and makes it look more planned out and neat. I am really happy with the necklace choice because it looks really fun and girly, with the jewelled bows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment