Tuesday 31 March 2015

Quentin's Styling and Hair Charts

Styling
I have decided to dress Quentin in all black because most of the vampires in True Blood wear black and so I thought that Claudia would also imagine her vampire to wear black too. I think a black t-shirt and a black leather jacket would work well because leather jackets give off a sexy, yet hard look. If I feel like the black t-shirt makes the outfit look too flat, then I will have him wear a dark grey top instead. I wanted the styling to be very minimalist as I didn't want it to take any attention away from the makeup and hair. The image below shows the sort of styling I imagined for Quentin. I like how it looks very sexy in a slightly rough and rugged way.



Hair

Idea 1
For my first design I decided to scrape all of the hair backwards with gel. The model that I am hoping to use has mid-long length hair and so I think this hairstyle would work well. I like that this would look very slick and smooth as I think Claudia may have imagined her vampire to look very sophisticated and well groomed. 

Idea 2
This hairstyle is also very slick and smoothed back, however I decided to give him a side parting. I like this because it reminds me of the brylcreem in the 1940/50s which would make me think of an old fashioned gentleman which could have been what Claudia imagined Quentin to be.

Idea 3 (Chosen Design)
I found this design difficult to draw so I have also put a photo that I found of the hairstyle to make it more clear of the look I am going for. This look is still very slick and smooth, but I wanted to give it a more modern twist with the quiff at the top. The hair at the sides would be smoothed and gelled back so that it was almost flat against the head and then the top would be combed upwards into a quiff. I will try to make it so there are no flyways at the sides and not too many of top as I still want the hairstyle to look very sophisticated and well groomed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment